The Dark Side of Mobile Sharing

Download RadiumOne’s white paper to learn why and how to use dark social data to connect with your mobile audiences.




Did you know that — by far — most social sharing takes place privately, out of the eyes of traditional tracking and analytic tools?

Over 90% of people share content behind-the-scenes, such as copying and pasting it directly into their emails, texts, or other formats. And until recently, most brands were leaving this organic type of sharing, known as “Dark Social”, untracked and untapped.


Key Takeaways


  • Consumers’ Dark Social activity is too big to ignore
  • 84% of consumers’ outbound sharing from publishers’ and marketers’ websites now takes place via private, Dark Social channels such as email and instant messaging.
  • Consumers respond the most to Dark Social shares via their mobile devices
  • 62% of clickbacks on Dark Social shares now come from mobile devices. The other 38% of clickbacks on Dark Social shares come from desktops.
  • Using a two-step process for connecting with mobile audiences
  • In the first step, you track all content sharing. In the second step, you use this data to fuel paid media, including mobile media



Get Dark Social White Paper